Claiming on your insurance shouldn’t be more trouble than it’s worth.
Here is a brief overview of the claims process (more detail is provided below):
- Capture evidence, by taking photos or otherwise, of the damage or loss;
- Log into your ShareCover account with your details;
- Go to your Dashboard and complete the Claims Application Form
- To complete a claim that involves theft or malicious damage, you will need to get a police report done, and include the details from that report (including the police report number) in your claim.
- Submit the Claims Application Form
- Wait to hear from us. We’ll get back to you in 24 to 48 hours
Below the claims process is discussed in more detail:
ShareCover’s claiming process is designed to be quick and easy. This is so you that you have peace of mind when purchasing ShareCover insurance, and so that you’re more likely to refer us to friends and family who use sharing economy platforms like Airbnb, Stayz, or TripAdvisor.
First, collect evidence, in the form of photos or documentation, of property damage or loss, or the personal injury for which you are liable, that occurred during your paying guest’s stay. If you’re making a claim that involves theft or malicious damage, you will need to provide details from a police report. And if you’re in doubt about what constitutes damage, or what evidence or proof of ownership that you need to demonstrate, contact us.
Second, go to the ShareCover website and log into your online ShareCover account with your personal login details.
Third, navigate to the Dashboard within your ShareCover online account, and complete the Claims Application Form, providing all relevant evidence.
Fourth, submit the Claims Application Form.
And then wait to hear from us - we’ll get back to you in between 24 and 48 hours.
Please see our Product Disclosure Statement for more details on how to claim, and the claims process. You can also find summary information on what is and isn’t covered under certain ShareCover policies in our Key Fact Sheets for Building and Contents cover.