Can I buy cover if I only rent out part of my property, and I continue to stay in my property?


You can continue to stay in your property, while renting part of it out, and still be insured by ShareCover.

Just remember that ShareCover provides cover for certain instances of damage or loss from a guest's act or omission, meaning you generally won't be covered for property damage during a guest's stay that results from your actions or omissions as a host. For more information on what cover is and isn't offered by ShareCover, refer to your policy, or to our Product Disclosure Statement.

Many recognised sharing economy platforms allow you to rent either your entire property, or part of it. For example, Airbnb allows hosts to list their rental as either an "Entire Place", a "Private Room" or a "Shared Room". To find out more about the different ways you can rent your space, visit the websites of recognised sharing economy platforms.


Find out more about how ShareCover can give you peace of mind - whether you’re listing your entire property or just part of it